The CIA, awarded by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), is the globally accepted certification for internal auditors. CIA is specially designed for those who want to work in auditing field regardless any specific industry or sector. It provides you the deep insight of internal auditing standards, Frameworks, tools and techniques, communication, Risk and Financial management techniques.
Part I: Internal audit basics
|· IIA mandatory guidance
· Internal Controls and risk
· Tools and Techniques for audit engagement
Part II: Internal audit practice
|· Managing the IAA
· Managing Individual Engagements
· Fraud risks and controls
Part III: Internal audit knowledge
|· Governance and Risk management
· Organizational structures and business processes
· Communication and Leadership
· IT/Business continuity
· Financial management
· Global business environment
The CIA exams are Computer based MCQs.
- Part 1:125 questions | 2.5 Hours (150 minutes)
- Part 2:100 questions | 2.0 Hours (120 minutes)
- Part 3:100 questions | 2.0 Hours (120 minutes)
- The Pass rate is approximately 75% per part
How long does it take?
CIA examinations are offered 365 days a year so you can study at your own pace. Most candidates complete the program within 9-12 months. You must have 24 months of internal auditing experience which you can do while during study or after taking and passing the exams.
|CIA program||Total duration (Tuition and revision)|
|Part I||40 hours|
|Part II||40 hours|
|Part III||44 hours|
|Full course||124 hours|