The 3-day program presents a course that aims to analyze treasury and risk management products and provide a deep insight into various treasury key areas. Delegates will be lead through the vocabulary and nomenclature of Islamic finance applicable to Islamic treasury.
Various Islamic toolkits will be examined to learn how they are applied in the ‘money market’ and risk management activities.
The course will also emphasize how Sukuk is relevant to Treasury activities – be it for liquidity management, long term funding options or capital adequacy purposes. It will also look at how the various Islamic tools are applied to manage forex and rate risks in the Islamic market.
The expert course directors will review various Shari’a opinions in the market; starting with AAOIFI and explain where and why variances from AAOIFI takes place in different markets.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify and manage risk in Islamic Treasury products
- Comparative analysis of treasury and risk management products in various jurisdictions
- Application of various Islamic toolkits in the Islamic money markets
- Manage foreign exchange instruments and associated rate risks
Is it right for me?
The course is Suitable for:
- Middle Office Operations
- Recent entrants and experienced to the Operations Department (Back Office)
- Other trading room support areas
- Internal, external and Shariah auditors
- Compliance, risk and Shariah officers
- Product Control
- Correspondent bankers
*ASTC reserves the right to alter venue, dates, content & trainer.